Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Tomatoes With Seed Cheese !

This was my lunch and dinner today, it was so delicious that I had it for both meals. I made the seed cheese yesterday. Here is my recipe.
2 cups sunflower seeds.
1/2-1 tablespoon Italian herbs.
1 teaspoon Himalayan salt.
Soak the sunflower seeds in water for at least 2 hours, I left mine probably about 4 hours.(filtered water with out nasty chemicals will be healthier).
Then blend up with the soak water add salt and herbs, blend until really smooth. Put into a jar with a cloth cover over the top, I used a piece of old stocking. You could use cheese cloth and leave out over night for it to ferment . We tasted it last night and we had some Kev and I both loved it, I thought it tasted great as a dip or spread. I had some last night on tomatoes and the same for lunch and dinner today as well. It didn't taste like it had fermented, probably because the weather was a little cool here last night any way it's half gone I will leave it out again tonight and tomorrow I will turn it upside down for the liquid to drain out and then you will have seed cheese. But it is delicious as a dip on tomatoes. I give it 10 out of 10 .

Tomorrow I will tell you what it tastes like as a cheese.
Through out the day I had one of the smoothies that I made for breakfast  it made 2 jars and a little bit. In the afternoon I felt a little fatigued it could have been spending too much time blogging on the computer. So I had 2 of my date and orange truffles which went down well it could have been my blood sugar dropping. Then later on I felt hungry I had a banana smoothie using the same blender from my morning smoothie 1 large banana and some water that seemed to fill me up until I had my dinner.  Also yesterday I was making zucchini chips in the food dehydrator my son Jack said they tasted like potato chips !  Every thing I make I will give recipes and tips ! So stay tuned for the next exciting update of my raw food journey, What will be on the menu tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sherrie,

    Thought I would pass on a great website raw food website by Jennifer Cornbleet. I found she was by far my favourite raw foodie chef. She has loads of recipes, tips etc on you tube and also on her website. Take a look and see for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, forgot to post the link!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLi5657CSos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, start with this one first.....

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJV4yoHoGMw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maria, I cannot watch any thing on youtube as we live semi rural we don't have broad band here, We still don't have a digital exchange yet. What is her website address please . I haven't heard of her before, I've read a lot about rawfoods so I've heard of most people over the last 10 years +.
    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete